View Single Post
Old 14-07-18, 07:55 AM   #5311
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Yeah, the Electros are big and heavy. I was thinking about taking one but having (almost) put a film through it, I've come to the conclusion it's not much fun to use and I don't like not knowing what shutter speed it's chosen. IQ will decide whether I keep it. Minolta Himatic 9 is far superior.
Other option is a small SLR like the FX-D/Pentax/Olympus with a 28-105 or a 35-135 zoom on it. I can think all that over during the next couple of months. I might risk the OM2sp. I was playing with it recently and discovered that unlike the OM2, it has a mechanical setting so works without batteries. I don't think I knew that when I first had one. Would have to test it first though.I like the SRT series; solid and mechanical. Only tested the 101 so far but mechanics and meter work fine. Got the 303 as it has split screen focussing and shutter speed and aperture info in the viewfinder - and a nice lens. Don't think there's much difference between the 101 and 201 so one of them might have to go if I can bear to part with it

I'm sure your Rolleicord will turn up when you start packing up and organising stuff for moving. Did you exchange the contracts?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote