View Single Post
Old 17-11-18, 08:10 PM   #3525
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I think fairings do two things, they reflect engine noise up towards your head and also disturb the airflow round your head

I'd be inclined to agree generally. Since doing the bar conversion and sitting more upright where you'd expect to be more exposed to wind, I've found it quieter. If I crouch back in to the position I used to be in with the clip-ons (which should be quieter as it's more behind the fairing), wind noise gets worse. Seems the fairing does direct a stream of air up at your head.

Not what I was expecting when I did the conversion. Higher up and more exposed is quieter!

The fairing does shield your abdomen and chest more when in the clip-on position though, which means less of a feeling you're being pushed back off the bike at motorway speeds. Also hands stay warmer with the narrower clip-ons. I'm now finding my hands are sitting out in the flow of the wind now with wider, higher bars and I've had to invest in some heated grips, which I've never needed before, even in the middle of winter.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote