View Single Post
Old 26-06-13, 08:58 PM   #642
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: Photo Comp - Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I hear ya! All this month the mother bear has been teaching her cub to fish for salmon in our creek! But do you think I could get them on camera? Only having a point and shoot, I've had quite a few close calls this month trying to get close enough to bears to get a good shot. You're supposed to walk round making noise, not sneaking up on them! One day left to get the shot...

Oh, and I've met 22 bears this month! B-)

This was a couple of years before the Bison shot. This Grizzly mum had the large cub you can kind of see and a smaller cub as well. I tried and tried to get a picture, but little one was having nine of it. In the end I had to use the bideo camera and there is some amazing footage of them playing alongside the RV...at one point, I had the camera and my head just peeking out of the window looking down on them and if I had put my arm out, I could have touched the mum...suffice to say, I didn't

I thought it was quite unusual for mum not to have sent the older cub away.

Best thing was, we only saw them because we were stuck in a bear jam in Yellowstone and everyone else was looking at a black bear on the other side of the road...me being me decided that after seeing that bear, I would look the other way and see if I could spot any weird insects or anything. Within moments of moving to that side of the RV, i saw them coming towards us

Shame I couldn't find the picture of the Tarantula crawling over my foot in AZ.