View Single Post
Old 15-10-18, 03:12 PM   #28
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rear brake still sticking after servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
So I 've just overhauled my rear caliper for the second time in a year. Meticulously cleaned out again, although there didn't seem to be any corrosion in there anyway this time. New seals again just because I had them ready, but old ones were ok. Pins, sliders etc all good. Plenty of red rubber grease. Bled well. Even all the small pressure plates polished up and spotless. But the piston still doesn't like retracting back into the caliper when the brake is released. I can push it back in by hand no problem though, so it's not jamming. More like it's not getting sucked back in... possibly the fluid not returning?

The brake is definitely dragging as disc and caliper are very warm after riding with only very slight occaisional rear brake use.

I'm guessing next I need to be looking at the master cyclinder? All seemed to be moving ok during the bleed with lots of lever travel which firmed up obviously once bled.

Has anyone got any other suggestions before I pull it apart again and take the master cylinder off and apart to check?
There'll most likely be some horrific dirt in the line. Have you changed it? If not, whip it off and blast it through with an air line. My VFR750 did this until I cleared the line out, some hilariously snotty looking crap flew out, along with lots of bits of black stuff. Wasn't nice, worked perfect after I performed this task though.