View Single Post
Old 23-04-12, 07:47 AM   #50
SUPERSTARDJ01

Default Re: Test ride challenge

First of all sorry for the hijacking

So I test rode the K1300R on Saturday, I was in 2 minds whether to bother or not due to the rain, but I soldiered on From MK to Northampton with the wife on back, the moment we got on the street triple it started to rain but we're all ready so lets just go, so it rained, hailed etc, but the moment we got into Northampton it was dry sunny and warm waited in BMW for 30 or so mins until we got a free sales rep, got on the bike, the first thing you notice is this bike weighs in at 211kgs dry, so quite heavy but it feels so light, lighter than the street, anyway the salesman gave me £10 for fuel, filled up and went for a blast after setting the suspension to rider only and in sport, had a raz about and apart from the slightly clunky gears and strange feeling of having no chain but a cam shaft it was a great bike, lots of power, I eventually turned aqround and picked up the wife set the suspension to pillion and shot off up the A45 going with the flow of traffic *cough 3 figures in 3rd gear cough* without realising I was in 3rd but it handled it well, we came off the A45 and headed to Olney around some twisties and apart from the tyres needing to be slightly harder it was a complete joy to ride.

Oh and thanks to it's clever front end you get no front end dive under braking.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SUPERSTARDJ01; 23-04-12 at 07:49 AM.