View Single Post
Old 14-03-08, 09:01 PM   #5
-Ralph-

Default Re: SV Ecosse Glencoe Massacre- August 16th 2008

OK, plenty of folks up for a ride out on the Sunday....

So after a quick PM to our organiser Northy to get the go ahead, how about this as a route?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...2,2.554321&z=9

I'm past my drinking myself into a coma days, so whilst I'll be enjoying a drink the night before, I'll be bright and breezy (and more importantly sober enough) in the morning to lead anyone who wants to come on this wee jaunt.

If your doing Scotlands best roads on Saturday, Sunday will be Scotlands second best!

Probably won't leave the campsite until 10:30 to 11am to allow some recovery time in the morning and would expect to be back at the campsite mid to late afternoon. This is to allow folk time to pack up camp and get the majority of their journeys home done in the daylight.

It's a 150 odd miles and with breaks and fuel stops I'd expect it to take about 4 hours. I'll post up detailed route and break/fuel stops later. There will be maps available on the day for anyone that wants one.

Not worried about specific numbers for this rideout, it will be happening even if it's just a few bikes. We'll scope out demand in the morning when everyone knows how they feel and are happy they're within the legal alcohol limit!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 14-03-08 at 09:05 PM.