View Single Post
Old 26-02-10, 02:40 PM   #3
SV650Racer

Default Re: Bemsee brands timetable now up

Quote:
Originally Posted by svjonesy View Post
Looks good. But as a ropokie a few things surprised me:

1. Minitwins (inc. Junior and Rookies) have no practise session just a 15min qualifying session - makes me glad I opted for the Friday practise day.

2. Junior and Rookie Minitwins are NOT being put in with any other class - I expected we might be lumped in with the MRO Minitwins. I think I prefer this but does mean we don't gett he chance to follow some of the experienced guys to help with lines etc.

3. Races are ONLY 8 laps - this is obviously standard but is about half as many laps as I expected a race to be. Is it generally felt that 8 laps is enough or would most poeple prefer longer races (even though I appreciate there's probably not enough time to fit longer races into a day)?

Really can't wait though.
Yes generally its straight into qualifying for most classes that run the qualifying format.

I suspect they have split the grids so the more experienced racers race seperate to the rookies, more than likely due to numbers entered as only 36 can race, but more can go out in the qualifying sessions. Brands meetings tend to get very full, you may find some other rounds your all in together.

8 laps is the norm. TBH 8 race laps will seem very different to a normal trackday session and especially as a rookie if your un-fit then with the added first race stresses 8 laps will be plenty. Its normally down to time constraints and at some meetings you may well see more laps. Remember though more laps cost. If you run 16 lappers then you will use more tyres and fuel and this could have a serious impact on those being able to afford a full season.

Anyways have fun..