View Single Post
Old 11-02-19, 02:18 PM   #18
Othen

Default Re: SV650 K6/K3 Radiator

I'm making good progress with this project, and I must say I am enjoying it. The K3 radiator filler arrived today, and it is obvious how it fits on. I'm just waiting for the little bit of hose and a new radiator mounting kit - then I'll get that job done.

I'm pleased to report I've completed another job: the rear brake rotor and pads. I suppose it look me nearly 3 hours this morn, but at least half that was cleaning 13 years of accumulated crud. The new wavy disc looks really cool and works well (it is bedding it but it seems to stop well whilst having good control). Here is a photo:

I changed the brake fluid at the same time - and got about 3 cups of coffee coloured liquid before the visibleed started running clear, so it probably took about 300ml of DOT 4. The bike is really easy to push around the drive now, so whether it was a mechanical or hydraulic problem I've cured the brake dragging.

I think the bike looks fairly smart for its age, and will improve a bit as I give it a clean, here is a photo:

Best wishes,

Alan