View Single Post
Old 29-03-15, 03:58 PM   #1
isutty5

Default Induction Sound?

Hi Guys,

Now I have to say I'm a lover of a good induction sound, especially the sounds given off something like a triumph tiger 800/1050.

Just something about the whining sound that makes my ears smile.

I was wondering if there is a way to give the SV650 a bit more of that sound.

I can here a tiny whine from the engine from idle when giving a small rev, and then when i surpass 80mph I can hear another pleasant wine coming from the engine. (Just the sound of that high rpm machinery underneath is music to my hears).

Apparently a snorkel removal can help make the induction from the airbox more apparent, However, I see no snorkel in my sv? it is a '99 650s so maybe there is no snorkel in this model?
I took the top off the airbox, and all I see is an air filter attached to the top part, and just a load of space inside and the two holes for the carbs. no snorkel here? Unless there is a snorkel inside the filter?

When I run the engine with the airbox exposed I here a lot of air sucking into it, but sadly just sounds like the end of a vacuum hose, just flowing air, no whine

Do I have to accept this and just get on with life, or is there a way to create a little more music apart from the loud exhaust I already have?

Thanks Guys.