View Single Post
Old 02-02-14, 06:55 PM   #6
ClunkintheUK

Default Re: Top Gear is back

I disagree that it's not still a motoring show. I think their p155take reviews are more helpful then the 5th gear proper reviews. Take for example the caravan towing one they did last season with the mini 4x4s. I thought that was excellent at being informative, got a better sense of how much oomph the cars had for towing and controlling a trailer then Tiff Needell talking about this one or that one feeling a little sluggish, or skittish in the corners.

Almost all modern (built 2000 onwards) cars are reliable, albeit with a couple of bits to watch out for. a lot of the purchasing criteria are available online (like mpg, towing capacity in this case, etc) car reviews are about the little indescribable details which you'll only get from a long term test or a "Lets make this do more then it was meant to do" type test.

Most people buy their cars second hand with a thought to "I want a convertible for 2 grand" or something like that, they usually come up with an obvious choice and something you hadn't thought of.