View Single Post
Old 05-03-19, 10:50 PM   #1
ShadowCaptain

Default Electric/Mechanical gremlins?

I have a 2000 SV650 and for the longest time it has had electric gremlins. I use my bike mostly for commuting around 3 miles a day, i work weekends so rarely get a long ride. To supplement the lack of riding I use a maintenance charger on my bike (admittedly just a £50 halfords one) my bike used to go flat mid ride and stall too, the engine would noticeably lose power while the battery lost power which doesn’t seem normal

Now, up until the last few weeks I was having to charge my bike every other day or it would go flat, I realised the rectifier had failed and had a new one fitted, as well as fitting a new yuasa battery just last week

The problem is I am still having issues with my bike, the idle is not smooth, there is a ticking (cam tensioners? idk?) and it still has inconsistent power delivery, ie sometimes the lights flicker, like the neutral light etc

I am almost beyond myself, I have almost zero experience or comfort taking apart motorbikes, so I have no idea what to do

Anybody have any ideas what I can do? or anywhere in the north Yorkshire area I can go to have everything looked at?

Honestly at the moment I might just fling it off a cliff but I cant afford a new bike

I probably havn't explained everything very well but I will try to if you have any questions

Last edited by ShadowCaptain; 05-03-19 at 11:22 PM.
ShadowCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote