View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 06:18 PM   #56
Grinch

Default Re: lessons learned from AR08 - :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten View Post
oohhhh what happened there then??? dare I ask?!
This is what I know...

I was marking a junction and moved up so I didn't block it, Messie pulled up and was a bit distressed. She explained to me that some bloke in a 4x4 tried to run her off the road when she overtook him. I noticed the 4x4 drive up the junction and asked Messie if it was the one, Messie was not to happy to see it.

He pulled up looking miffed and blocked the junction, and I walked over. He got out and went to have a go at Messie, but I blocked his path and in a calm fashion told him he wasn't going to shout at her.

He announced to me that he was a DAS instructor and that she had carved him up, to which I said I didn't know or see what had happened, but shouting at people would not help and I wasn't going to let him over there to have a go at her. He was still getting ars?y and going on about stuff and I just said as a DAS instructor he should know better than to shout at people as it doesn't help and he was distressing her.

At this point I decided to take my helmet off as I might seem a little faceless with it on, and it would not help. Suddenly the conversation seemed to fizzle off, which I didn't think about till later but I imagine that my hair made me seem a bit of a nutter!

He asked who we were and I told him we were from sv650.org and he went back to his car going on about getting 'representation' (Idiot). I told him my name and he just said he didn't care about that.

Then he went...

Now I don't feel like a hero, just someone who did the right thing, so thanks for your kind words Messie and I would do the same for all of you. Even though when truth be told, I was a little scared to face someone up, but I kept my cool and at no point tried to give him any provocation.

I think that explains it all and that its all clear before it all gets mixed up and turns into strange Chinese whispers. Or you can believe that I splayed his ars? kung-fu panda style.