View Single Post
Old 22-10-08, 07:47 PM   #8
Durbs

Default Re: recommendations for a new battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtoms View Post
when you mean twice the size, does this affect the fitting under the seat?? (Iv got a 2000 curvy, as you can see!! <<<)
Not quite literally twice the size but a hell of a lot taller, remember lifting the old battery out and putting it next to the new one and it looking teeny in comparison. First thought was he's given me the wrong one, this is not going to remotely fit. It fits exactly though but is a squeeze and have to give the seat a shove down to bolt it. Another few mill and it wouldnt have fit.

Will dig out the part No as its a beast, feels like it could turn a truck over! Even with my old battery on full charge, you could feel the electrics slightly labour when trying to turn over. With this, the bike literally explodes into life as soon as the starter is prodded and its the same when left for a few weeks with the alarm on.

But if you are not planning on keeping the bike for any amount of time i'd go for the eBay one above and save some cash - it'll do the trick.

BTW - mine is a pointy, dont know whether the battery compartment on the curvy is a different size?