View Single Post
Old 09-02-08, 08:15 AM   #3
Berlin

Default Re: Project - Anyone have the engine mound dimentions for a curvy?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the offer. Do you know which engine it is in case they are different?

A normal plastic ruler will be fine for initial measurements. i just need to know if it fits in the frame. If it doesn't it might end up with a CR500 two stroke engine

What I'm specifically looking for are the engine mount points with the engine set in the position it sits in in the frame (not tilted back or forwards).

Measuring form the crank How far up and forwards and up and back are the mount points? (eg. 215mm up, 137mm back from the crank)

What is the maximum width of the heads? What is the maximum horizontal distance back from the crank and the overall engine length, width and height with the engine sat as it would in the frame. Overall engine dimentions. How far from the centreline is the sprocket (centre, vertically) and how far is it from the crank? And finally (for now ) what are the widths of the engine mount points themselves.

Thanks Chris, I'm looking for the BMW Single engine (rotax) dimentions online now and if the sprocket and brake caliper can be switched sides.

All of this could be measured from a scale drawing of an engine schematic if anyone knows where there's one on line.

Cheers,

Carl