View Single Post
Old 13-01-20, 05:13 PM   #7885
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Thanks to everyone of you for your supportive comments. It means a huge amount to me. I read most of them while I was having a coffee break in a cafe in Welshpool and I had to hide my face while reading them as I didn't really want to be dealing with other customers asking if I was ok.

The next two or three months are going to be difficult. We will carry on in the same house until my daughters finish college in order to minimise disruption to them. My wife is then going to live in Shrewsbury while we deal with divorce proceedings. We're not getting solicitors involved as the house we are in here is rented and we have no shared material possessions of any value. I'm staying here as I don't want to live anywhere else, she wants to live in town (my worst nightmare).

One of my girls is off to Manchester uni to study physics when she finishes college at the end of the summer. The other has said she wants to continue to live here with me, and get some horticultural work locally for a year to gain experience and earn some money before applying for a place on the Historic and Botanic Garden Training Scheme.

So no huge unexpected changes of direction.

Except the end of a 24 year marriage. The hardest, and most painful change of all.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote