View Single Post
Old 29-04-18, 09:19 PM   #9
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Crash Detectives - a sobering story

My friend's dad, a kind, intelligent man I know and like, momentarily passed out at the wheel. He was with his wife in the car on the way back from a hospital appointment where they'd just received the diagnosis that she had a terminal illness.

In that brief moment, caused by stress, he veered into the opposite lane and killed a biker. He served time in prison. For a while after he came out, knowing I too ride a Suzuki, he found it hard to even talk to me until I went up to him, gave him a hug and told him that he never set out to hurt anyone that day.

He didn't use his car maliciously, it was a tragic accident. He no more wanted to hurt or kill a biker than he would kill his own son.

However the courts said he'd driven carelessly so he had to spend time in prison. I would have disagreed.

This case is so different. This man knew he had an eyesight problem and should never have even been driving. He used his car as a weapon. He lied, tried to cover up his crime and showed no remorse and he had numerous previous form for various misdemeanors. They should have locked him up for a lot longer and he'll probably come out and do exactly the same thing again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk