View Single Post
Old 16-04-18, 01:34 PM   #14
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: AL7 opinions. day to day/touring/etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I was very impressed with engine braking when I first rode my AL7, and still am I was so impressed I was coming up short to junctions and islands without the use of brakes and had to adjust to shutting off later to compensate for speed dropping off so quickly - bit of a learning curve but very satisfying. I think the SV engine is superb, and sounds luvverleeee. I love the narrowness of the bike as well (another benefit of 'V' twin), I can get both feet flat down with confidence and I am not the most long-legged bloke in the world. One other thing that surprised me as well was the lack of vibration of the engine from tickover to red line - an amazing feat of engineering by Suzuki.
As you know mine is a pretty early 1999 Curvy/Carby version.Once I'd dialled in a carb Balance and added some slightly larger diameter Gel grips I've ridden well over 200 miles in a day with no ,"Tinglies"

One thing I have noticed on my SV is around 7,000/8,000 revs there seems to be a nice power boost.Is this normal?If it isn't I don't care as I love it when overtaking a line of traffic on Dual Carriageways or Motorways.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 16-04-18 at 01:37 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote