View Single Post
Old 10-08-07, 11:32 PM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Classic bike/cafe racer - why do I want one? & What do I want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
After seeing a (old)V-reg Ducati 900SS last night I'm in love with long, slim clip on classics and need one in my life.

So any suggestions? after briefly scouting the internet I think the late '70s ducatis are too expensive. My other thoughts are a guzzi of some sort. With or without a bikini fairing I'm not too bothered. Are there any other bikes from the '60s/'70s and early '80s that might interest me? Suggestions on a postcard or below. It doesn't have to be the purist version in the world, just something with that cafe racer vibe, so oddball suggestions welcome.

Problem is I think I'm getting old before my time

PS I still want a Triumph Daytona 675 so all hope is not lost, yet.
Tim, this was the beast that brought my bro back to 2 wheels. Whilst he got his 900ss with less than 2000 on the clock, it was still an emulsion manufacturing plant. Despite dipping his toes in the gixer and blade camps for some reason he still feels the call of Italian bags of spanners.

You must have heard them at the bridge. They tell you 3000 miles in advance something expensive is going to happen. I had a mate in the late 70s lay down a Dama and take it back to the shop it don't handle right. too bloody true the frame was twisted.

Yes the duc's look nice, but they really are big bags of trouble. Unless you have very deep pockets, stay clear.