View Single Post
Old 23-05-17, 12:42 PM   #2
glade

Default Re: 2006 SV650S Red 19,663 miles - £2000

BUMP!!!

This was my advert from 2011. Wow that's a long time ago.

I think the bike is now on about 23k and is in similar condition give or take 6 years of the corrosion worsening slowly in my garage. I had valve clearances and a couple of services done by Padgetts in Batley a few years ago. They do a really good job greasing all sorts of parts that had not been looked at for a while, and the bike felt fresh after they had it.

The only new issue is occasionally I think the relay for the starter motor sticks, and now the wires for the alarm under the seat are in a bit of disarray due to the tail tidy over the years. I kept killing batteries so 2 years ago it had another fresh battery and I bought a solar charger which keeps it topped up all year round. Starts first time. I haven't ridden the bike since last year's MOT probably. Tyres are good, I can put another MOT on it no problems.

I'll try and get it out for a wash some updated pics next week.
I hardly use the bike these days, and am thinking of moving into a house without a garage so the days of keeping the bike taxed and insured as a standby vehicle are probably at an end now.

I'm now based in Leeds, LS27 postcode.
Open to offers!

Last edited by glade; 23-05-17 at 12:44 PM.
glade is offline   Reply With Quote