View Single Post
Old 02-10-18, 11:44 AM   #6388
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Are these the same doctors and consultants that work both in NHS and private hospitals and clinics
I have no problem with doctors moonlighting. I do have a problem with a government that is undermining a social system because they are ideologically opposed to it and try to make it look like it's inevitable.

I am opposed to doctor/nursing agencies which can hire out staff at exorbitant wages back to the NHS which trained them.

I have experience of the American medical system both my children were born there and the hospital was amazing - every medical gadget you can think of with multiple choices of the how my wife wanted to give birth. I received a yearly colonoscopy (I liked the idea if not the process), regularly PSA screening for me, breast exams for my wife but it came at a frightening cost.

My medical insurance was part funded by my employer, Eastman Kodak, and it was capped at just over $1 million/year. A couple of days in intensive care and a week in recovery would soon eat through that and that is just one bad bike accident.

https://nypost.com/2017/01/12/majori...inancial-ruin/

We need to fight to preserve the NHS or the Tories will take it. Let your local MP know how you feel. If you are interested check on how many MPs have interests/been paid money by private healthcare companies.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote