View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 06:56 AM   #7
Othen

Default Sv 650 coil wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay simpson View Post
Sorry its 2001 year yea ive changed coils twice its the rear coil defo there's no negative feed from white wire if i test power supply on rear coil there is none unless i use the frame for a earth was wondering where the white wire goes from icu not towards coil but the other way to where it joins to think must be a problem there was wondering does it go to coil generator basically tried so much and not getting anywhere with it even on idle ut sounds a little spluttery so to say not smooth, other day i took it out on motorway opened it up got up to 80 mph and started missing firing on one cylinder slowed down and it came back in
Good morn,
I've just had a look at the wiring diagram for a curvy (see the link above). Seeker is absolutely right: the orange wire will be a permanent +ve feed (probably at 12v), the white wire will only have continuity (to the negative return cct) when the ignition sensor tells the ignitor to do so (so it is sort of replicating how contact breaker points work). In that case one would not expect to measure any potential difference there. I'm guessing that by negative feed you mean a potential between the orange and white wires - but one would not expect to see anything there (except at the instant the ignitor creates continuity). A potential between the orange wire and the earth return path via the frame is entirely consistent though - so it would seem that part of your system is working as it should.
I'd start looking at the other items that Seeker mentions, or the carburettor issues listed above.
Good fortune,
Alan

Last edited by Othen; 10-04-19 at 08:31 AM.