View Single Post
Old 31-08-20, 06:01 PM   #1
Quatro

Default What can be adjusted for a better fit?

I have a 2018 SV650 after upgrading from a 2002 model. I love it but I’ve just done a weekend away covering over 400 miles and it’s not the comfiest ride.

I’ve had the seat altered and had gel inserted to make it comfier which has helped a bit. However the problem is the shape really. I sit far forward and at that point the seat is narrow so the edges dig into my legs and bum. I sit there because it’s the lowest point and with it being narrow too, it affords me the best reach to the floor. I’ve only got 28inch legs and already had the bike lowered!

But also it’s the reach to the handlebars. If I sit further back in the bum part of the seat, it’s too far and my reach it as it’s farthest extension, my shoulders are forward, and it’s just not comfortable.

I’m always shuffling about between the two positions after a while when various parts start to hurt.

Are they any other small people that have suffered like this and found solutions? I particularly wonder if it’s a female body geometry issue?

Like I say, I love the bike and I don’t really want to change to something else, but equally, I do like covering long distances and really need to be a bit comfier.

Any suggestions please?
Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote