Thread: My K3 SV650s
View Single Post
Old 12-03-10, 01:07 PM   #1
boredus

Default My K3 SV650s

Here are a few pics of my SV650. We very much have a love hate relationship. This is due to the SV being a last resort for me after a rather drastic change in finances late 2008. I decided I could not afford my MV Agusta Brutale 750 any more and that the SV650 was a good budget bike for me to continue biking rather than giving up for a while. I never got on with the SV, because I could not accept it for what it is and this is my own fault. My brother had an SV1000 and this was the main reason I bought the 650 as I liked the styling but not the heavyness and vibration of the thou.

I usually do around 6-7K miles a year, in the 9 moths up till Nov09 we had done 800 miles total and that included a 300mile round trip in France. So as you can guess, I was just not drawn to riding on the sv as I have been by my other bikes. Aside from the dreaded F1 error on full throttle issue the first month I had the bike I have had no issues with it. Once I found a thread on the SVrider forum about setting the throttle body sensors the bike was healthy again and this time putting out a lot more oomph!

In Nov09 I started commuting a 14mile round trip and for the first time, I used the SV properly and slowly fell in love with it. In a year of ownership the only thing the bike got was 1 wash and a second hand titanium blue flame can........ it has take a year, but I think I will get on with it this year just fine

There is also a pic of my Brute too, I used to go in to the garage an just look at it when I was feeling down!!

Last edited by boredus; 12-03-10 at 07:35 PM.