Thread: My K3 SV650s
View Single Post
Old 12-03-10, 01:17 PM   #2
boredus

Default Re: My K3 SV650s

When I buy a new bike it usually in bits within the hour of being home just checking that all is well under the fairings etc, last week was the first time I so much as thought about looking at the 650. I got to thinking that after having many a 2 stroke 250 in the last 5 years, the thing that makes them fun to ride is not loads of power, but power to weight and handling. The SV, to me, has none of these. I find the thing top heavy and boring and I am no track day hero, never been on one actually.

So I got to removing the PAIR system, I do like the popping through the can but hey, it weighs a few grams!
Then I got a resistor sorted to to the TRE mod. Stripped the rear subframe down to cut some bits off and respray it as it needed spraying anyway. By removing a few bits, the mini indicators and PAIR system there is 1KG saved...... OMG this is going to take some doing withought splashing lots of cash on a full M4 system and GSXR wheels. Here is a few pics of the process.

Remove marked brackets and removed a few rough edges etc, then smoothed them out a bit.

Also did a bit of drilling and filling on the rear caliper bracket, big heavy thing that.

Last edited by boredus; 12-03-10 at 07:36 PM.