View Single Post
Old 14-06-22, 01:10 PM   #10708
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
A political gripe, sorry.

I am griping over our PM breaking a treaty that he negotiated. Is it breaking the law? Since he's cagey about where he got his legal advice it is unclear but if it is then the "lessons learned" from Partygate didn't last long. The opposition parties, the EU and Washington don't like it. (Putin might though).

The question is why did he sign a treaty when he was warned it would be detrimental to the UK's (trade) unity? It implies that he never intended to follow it anyway, perhaps. I still listen to people interviewed on tv saying that he "Got brexit done" and "got us through the pandemic" yet here we are. Brexit isn't done and we have had 170,000+ deaths from covid.

It was a civil war within the Conservative Party that started the whole Brexit debacle and it looks like this war is set to continue to affect/ruin our lives. Seems a lot of strife for blue passports and more powerful vacuum cleaners. The state of the country is just collateral damage to their bickering.

The pound dropped to $1.21 yesterday (it was $1.36 a few months ago) because of the threat of recession and a trade war which will push up our oil/petrol prices further (on the plus side my pension is paid in dollars, so there is that, I suppose).
What was the point of it all, 'taking back control' to then create a border within the uk ?! Bloody stupid, and what have we gained ? A lot of disruption,uncertainty and chaos more like.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote