View Single Post
Old 24-02-15, 10:18 AM   #18
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hypermotard 1100 Evo

I always maintained that the smaller version of the Hypermotard was the better one.
The early versions of the 1100 like I had had terrible suspension. Used to dive on the brakes so much and if you hit a bump whist heavy braking it would lock the front wheel easily. Happened a couple of times to me when people pulled out on me.
Dry clutch was snatchy.

The 796 Hyper that was out at the same time as mine was loads better on that front. And the wet clutch was smooth as silk compared to the dry of its older bro.

I can't imagine what the newer versions are like as despite my uncomfortableness with the suspension mine was still a hoot to ride. I bought it to keep my speed down and it worked...it was fatiguing to ride above 100mph.
I sold it though as in the end I missed sports bikes too much. It also coincided with me needing to buy a house so I sold everything.

Nice bike scoobs...any pics?

The 899 panigale though...now that makes me want to put my leathers on again.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote