View Single Post
Old 11-06-15, 02:40 PM   #120
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Tried ringing Klick/Max Spielmann, wasn't cheap for film. I did however score the Agfaphoto from Poundland, the one in Doncaster town centre had a mountain of it (though none at all down the road in Worksop). 200 ISO, 24 exposures, dated March 2017. I did some poking around and it's basically the same Fuji C200 they are selling in Asda at 3/£8. Agfa are no more in film, it's just rebranded. No 4th colour layer but reviews say quite easy on the lowlights and good grain and colour, so will give it a go. I rang Poundland first to see if my trip was going to be worthwhile and the woman on the phone said they had it listed as 36mm film. God knows why but if you find yourself in the same situation then it might help you to know that!

I used the shutter speed tester on a few cameras, they are all running slow (but all are older than me), I think the problems with the Vitomatic are that it was set to the wrong ISO (the film was already in it), and the metering is a bit dark anyway, 1-1.5 stops. I need to check this out as against the Pocket Light Meter app it's almost fine but I reckon that on our ipad is underexposing most of a stop. Anyway all in I was shooting a couple of stops down or worse, and with only 5 from black to white on colour film there isn't that much wiggle room. Will give it another go with the Poundland film I reckon, at the very least I'm practising with fill-in flash settings; the joy of a leaf shutter, that you can set it to any speed you like for flash.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote