View Single Post
Old 13-10-11, 01:23 AM   #66
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: slightly surprised........

I've revisted this thread to see whether anything constructive came out of it. it would seem not, indeed quit the reverse.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
maybe take a break from AR's and skip next years ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
IMO, if you make a break from ARs for a year, they will never ever come back.
the AR is something special and IMO it's what makes the forum different from others I belong to, the name dictates the regularity and it would be a sad day if it was to fade away as I fear it might, I understand peoples reticence; suggestions of "taking a break" , quit frankly are far from helpful, it can be a large organizational undertaking, but the basics aren't hard, as has been the case the rideout has just been a focal point for a social weekend, there are a core of people that will attend just about anywhere and make it a priority, others it's far less, but as has been proved even the worst weather conditions can't put those people off that are determined to have a good time (2007 had gale and flood warnings 24hrs before), the point.... those that want to have a good time will make the effort.

I know over recent years the school holidays have precluded some from attending, which might be worth addressing, but as with the location the most important thing is to get something sorted as early as possible .

So from a practical perspective, although I've done my share in previous years, if anyone is out there and has had thoughts about sorting something out, but is a little overwhelmed by what might be involved, drop me a PM and I'll do what I can to help, or if that's asking to much, anyone with a decent campsite local to them they think might be suitable, once again, drop me a PM and I'll give them a call to see what can be arranged to get the ball rolling.

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote