View Single Post
Old 20-03-17, 03:43 PM   #21
bathwiggle

Default Re: Biking and Rheumatoid Arthritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Apologies to all, this is an SV site, but if your issues don't improve consider a Honda NC with the DCT transmission. I have a NC700 DCT and have to say it is a brilliant bit of kit for anyone with hand/wrist issues, or if you can't use your left foot for gearchanges. The NC700/750 isn't light but carries the weight very low so is a lot easier to man-handle that the weight might suggest. As long as you can use the front brake it should be fine.
I'll bear that in mind, Thank-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Fitting a quick shifter would get rid of at least half the clutch applications......

Perhaps on a more serious note I'd be more concerned with right hand brake application. There really isn't much room for limited capability in that department.
This is my concern and why I'm asking to seeing can make it easier. Most of the time with the sv and planning the engine breaking is fine, but because or the pain that'd why I've not ridden as it's not worth the risk if I can't solve the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exuptoy View Post
It looks like there is a hydraulic clutch modification available of the SV. Should make the clutch lighter.

Good luck with it. .
Ooo thank you ill have a look at that