View Single Post
Old 22-01-14, 01:34 PM   #11
Pete7

Default Re: Continental Conti Motion opinions?

The loud report on the ride to work made me jump, but since this is Gosport I presumed someone was just shooting at me . The bike trundled on a couple of miles to work with no noticeable difference. Came out of work later on Thursday evening and the the rear tire was flat. Opps, now I know what the bang was. Crawled into ATS just down the road and the lads pulled a 50 x 5mm bolt out of the middle of the tire. Hole to big to repair, time for a new tire.

So the existing Conti montions have done 4000 miles over the last year and been very impressive. Shame about the rear because it could have done another 2000 miles easily. Therefore asked ATS to replace with a new Conti montion rear which seems well suited for the daily commute to work and at a sensible price.

Picked the bike up and it came with both tires now filled with Nitrogen Not totally convinced by the benefits since air is 79% nitrogen anyway, but its in there and so will see. Oh and she now sports bright green valve caps, perhaps they could catch on.

Pete

Last edited by Pete7; 22-01-14 at 01:36 PM.
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote