View Single Post
Old 27-10-08, 11:56 AM   #10
Doofer

Default Re: Crashy Mcgee rules?

Hmmm, Crashy McDoof, sounds good, might go with that, does anyone have any objections to me also using it on the other site I frequent?

I had a feeling the Yellow tee was region specific, ah well, never mind, I'll accept the virtual one with grace

A number of cars, landrovers and HGV's were sliding all over that mud in the 2 hours I sat waiting for a recovery van, and yes I have every intention of claiming from the farmer for all of my losses as all my bike kit is ruined, as is my Son's, we both hit our heads (no injury, but impact felt), his helmet is marked, I felt mine hit the floor but it is unmarked, I've slightly twisted my ankle so my bike boots have served their purpose and my bike clothes are torn, My son's have taken impact damage so at least need new armour, I will argue anyone who tries to suggest we re-use them, as for my bike, the frame is damaged, it may be 9 years old and a bit tatty, but its my pride and joy and if it wasn't for that farmer's pathetic idea of a cleanup I would still have it in a rideable condition. Getting it valued could be an issue, there aren't many SV400s around to get a price comparison

Insurance company has been informed and I have made it clear I want the claim to be made against the farmer for all of my losses, uninsured or insured, they have also been given the police incident number.

Thanks everyone for all your comments, I know I'm fairly new here and don't post much, but I do appreciate your replies, if anyone has any experience of making a claim against a someone for similar circumstances and can give me any advice it would be most welcome, this is the first time I've ever had to make a claim for myself ( I did handle a couple of claims for my ex while we were together)

Crashy McDoof