Thread: Injury Claim
View Single Post
Old 14-06-18, 09:32 AM   #9
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Injury Claim

Don't know your circumstances but it still makes me wince when I see traffic stopping or already stopped and motorbikers carry on either down the centre or around the outside of traffic at a barely slackened pace - they are putting a lot of trust in cagers being both sympathetic to bikers and vigilant, and a significant number are neither (some actively try to close the gaps).

As for motorists wriggling out of it, I can remember a time when the biker was almost inevitably seen as being at fault in any accident - I had someone pull out of a side turn onto a main road in front of me when I was 18 and I had nowhere to go, but car drivers insurance did not pay out - after that I assumed every driver either hadn't seen me or worse, was not even looking. I treat every vehicle at a junction as a potential pull-out and if I do filter it is only when traffic is stationary and then at a walking pace.. I also fitted a pair of lovely 10 watt LED spotlights to my handlebars (nice and high up) and these are on as well as headlight during daylight, hopefully they may show up in a cagers mirrors, but may just get lost amongst the multitude of daytime running lights and headlights on other vehicles these days.

In the end only you know how bad the pain is and only you can decide if it is worth going further.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote