Thread: Strange misfire
View Single Post
Old 24-04-17, 01:05 PM   #12
Dave-the-rave

Default Re: Strange misfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanC View Post
Right well I've tested the coil primary and secondary and loo to be Ok at 4.7 ohms on the primary and 28Kohms on the secondary. I'll have a play about with the plugs and caps and bits during the week.
As an aside whilst searching for R1ffR4ffs plug cap numbers (thanks for posting the link) I came across an old post about restricted SVs. My bike gets up near a ton easily but then runs out of puff. I'm not really bothered about this as with no fairing hanging at those speeds is not fun. I also put it down to an old bike and a fat pilot. However reading that thread made me think "33hp struggles to break a ton" Humm I wonder. So assuming the restriction is in the ignition module does any body know the part number for a normal module? My part number is J54 20F0 BB7708 OB29.
Aye coils can be unpredictable. I've seen a coil measuring good on a meter but not working right and measuring way off but seemingly working fine.

In your situation I'd check the coil is getting power and if it is and all connections are good I'd look for a replacement good one.