View Single Post
Old 13-12-08, 11:48 PM   #7
ThEGr33k

Default Re: Throttle body balancing

I do it by ear. Adjust air screws till it sounds like its running smooth at tick over first, basically it doesnt seem to rise and fall in sound... Sounds constant.

Once you have the base level then start blipping the throttle. Basically what you are listening for is the engine picking up revs without coughting (bogging down) and returning to tick over without taking ages or coughing and spluttering and struggling to find tick over again.

Once the blipping of the throttle seems right then test ride it. Acceleration and decelleration should feel snappy and instant.

*NOTE* When adjusting the air bleed screws (on the throttle bodies) make sure you dont screw them too far out No more than 1.75 screw turns generally, get it as far in as possible while still running right. Start at about 1 turn out on each. If you do screw them out too far then youll lose bottom end and pulling off will be bad. You'll know. I did this through trial and error and the engine just died when you let the clutch out.

Hope this helps... I know it works because on my service a couple of weeks ago the fella said the Trottle ballance was perfect. Oh yes baby. Cant ask for better aye?

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 13-12-08 at 11:53 PM.