View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 08:30 AM   #13
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: R & G heated grips for K3

Jane,
I have Oxford heated grips - used them for 7 years no issues. Two bikes mind. Current set have been fitted to my SV since I got it, as I couldn't bear not having them. (I get numb hands and the cold makes it even worse). 5 years ago - the grips are nearly worn through but as replacing the grips costs the same as a new set I will ignore the state of them until I have to replace it. (I'm skint).
I also have Halvarsson winter gloves. I find this combination fine for most of the ****e that winter throws at me on my daily commute. In the deepest darkest depths of last winter I have to admit the above wasn't cutting it anymore. I purchased something very similar to what phi-dan has linked. They are brilliant at keeping things toasty. Especially as I had the grips on and the gloves too.

I did however find them a pain in the ****. They are seriously clunky on the SV. I'm not sure if it's made worse due to my height 6'2" but the seemed to want to naturally point down when I needed them to point up.

Still when the weather gets ****e again they will be going back on, if I can remember where I put them. Which I can't as I type this....
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote