View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 11:24 PM   #23
machulnyy

Default Curvy Cold Starting Needs Running Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by machulnyy View Post
Ahh this so sounds like the problem! Just went down to smell the oil gasket and it smells of petrol! Hydrolocked [emoji33]

Now to find the cause of the leak, right? First will check the fuel pump/ petcock. Then the carbs...have received the restore kits last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to get her going this evening to inspect the above.

The fuel pump and vacuum did not show any obvious external leaks. All hoses seemed sound too. And to be honest, the leak wasn’t there...the residue of fuel over the left side of the engine coming from that small hole was still visible from before, as well as some inside the valley between the cylinders, below the front carb if that makes sense. But no new, fresh leaking petrol. The only thing was the way the carbs were spraying (added video to below link).

possibly some worn needle seats or carb seals that allowed petrol to escape and overfill into the cylinders? I took the carbs off to change the seals and needles, seats etc..

I feel like this problem is starting to make sense to me...although still seems like a lot of work. There doesn’t seems to be a problem with the petcock as it was mentioned on the post that seeker posted that a torn membrane leak petrol externally. No leaking fuel hoses either. So must be inside the carbs...Does it make sense to you guys? Am I on the right track?

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0BJ0DiRHGNU4RA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk