View Single Post
Old 07-05-18, 03:57 PM   #42
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Crash Detectives - a sobering story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 View Post
People would need to stop voting for the country's number 1 public service despising political party. 30'000 Police and PCO's down since 2010... and counting
A couple of years ago me and my bro went to local nick at about 8pm one evening to report malicious damage to his car on the carpark just across the road from police station. we stood in reception for over half hour before anyone answered the bell, and even after we had got someones attention it was another hour before anyone came through to take a report. I the meantime we could see loads of people walking around with coffee cups and chatting - there seemed to be plenty of people there but Police business was taking second place. Apparently they would rather stay in the station than go out on patrol.

Firemen have done a lot of moaning about cuts, but truth is the number of fires has dropped dramatically in last couple of decades and like any other business if trade drops off factories and stores get closed and people get laid off. I learned in many years of business that if you double staff numbers you don't get double the work done, it is a decreasing effect.

it is not only front line police that have been cut, in fact it has disproportionally affected higher ranks.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...ers-since-2010

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote