View Single Post
Old 10-10-23, 03:26 PM   #16
NedSVS

Default Re: SV650S Headlight Upgrade Opinions

I found these cheap LED H4 bulbs far superior to the Osram Nightbreakers I took out and at only £8.00 a pair
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266381558...r=566198474491
I have been using them for four years and one blew recently, but 4 years and approximately 20k miles, including daytime running, isn't bad at that price; I was more than happy to purchase the same ones again. I originally purchased them because because Nightbreakers x2 (gen 1 S model twin bulbs)+heated grips+uprated carb heaters (2x25w [Carb heater - 13650-20E00 (25w) + temp switch moved to front of fairing = carb icing completely eliminated] instead of standard 2x15w)+USB socket for heated vest and insoles = struggling charging system/low battery; the Nightbreakers are 60/55w nominal but if you look at the Osram data sheet, they actually draw 75/68w. These cheap LED lights are the best I have ever used, car or bike, very white and stand out well during the day. At dusk they seem a little lacking, because they are a similar colour temperature to the remaining daylight, but once it is properly dark they are superb! The dip beam stays on when you select main beam, giving a brilliant spread of light. They are a doddle to fit too; remove old bulbs, remove the plastic mounting disc from the LED bulb (turn ACW) and fit to light unit, fit the rubber boot to the LED bulb, insert the LED bulb and turn CW until the wires point downwards, and finally push the rubber boot onto the back of the light unit.

Last edited by NedSVS; 10-10-23 at 03:41 PM.
NedSVS is offline   Reply With Quote