Thread: What a week...
View Single Post
Old 18-09-08, 07:22 PM   #1
Dan

Default What a week...

Well the last seven days have been a whirlwind of events for me!
  • Last Thursday, I got the call to tell me I'd got the new job I was going for, so that's the end of 24 hour on-call and two hours commuting every day from October 6th
  • Thursday evening, I sold my ZX7-R
  • Friday morning, for the first time ever, I actually had to hand in a resignation (I've always kind of just moved jobs before somehow)
  • Friday afternoon, one of my colleagues, a cracking guy who really was responsible for the re-awakening of the biker in me, left for a new job
  • Saturday, I spent the day looking at old Jag XJs before a champagne supper with my parents to celebrate the new job
  • Sunday morning, I dropped off my ZX7-R to its new owner
  • Sunday afternoon I went out and bought a BMW 730i with all the lovely cash I'd been given five hours previously
  • Monday I spent being congratulated on my escape by my colleagues
  • Tuesday was quiet... ish
  • Wednesday my trusty shed of a Volvo went in for MOT... and failed
  • Thursday I've spent rushing about trying to get a tyre fitted and dismantling the tailgate to fit number-plate lamp bulbs
I'm knackered... And bikeless for the first time in nearly three years. It's a bit weird, but I'll be back on two wheels next summer after a winter of saving and learning the ropes at my new job.