View Single Post
Old 13-08-17, 04:51 PM   #576
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bibio's Sunday Bimbles

Well that was a big pile of pish. The roads were packed with tourist traffic, it was raining most of the time. Then an extra long lorry had got stuck, blocking the whole road. So I had to filter through about 2 miles of stuck tourists, caravans and buses on a tiny twisty road. And it wasn't even wide enough to filter. I had wriggle my way past every car wing wirror. Even got told off my a bus driver for touching his bus with my mirror. Then I got stuck behind a coach that was struggling to get past all the motor homes, so obviously I couldn't get past it at all. The bike was overheating, the underseat exhausts were cooking me alive, which was actually kinda nice to dry me off a bit

THEN... the stupid Lix Toll petrol station was closed. It had 24 hour pumps but all the card slots had a bolt in them for some reason. So I carried on at an economical 50mph, but the bike died 3.5 miles away from Aberfeldy at 105 miles. Coasted it for a surprisingly long time. Must have been 500 yards at least (brakes must be in good order!). Then I pushed it up the hills, coasted down the hills and tried not to cause an accident for about 1.5 miles. Cars and bikes all passing me, not giving a ****. Then finally a nice couple offered to get me some petrol.

Oh and a bird or a bat flew in to my chest earlier as well and I screamed like a girl

Should have stayed in bed
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote