View Single Post
Old 14-02-12, 02:04 PM   #1
DanSp

Default Hi all - New Member

Afternoon all from Radstock (nr Bristol)
Have recently made it back to the SV fold... i had 2 black Curvy SV's when i passed my DAS 3 yrs ago and have just bought a Pointy.

I had a GSXR600 and a VFR800 inbetween, both of whom i loved dearly but were taken from me by bar steward Cage Drivers.
The GSXR ended up like this....

and was a definate write off, also wrote off most of the kit i was wearing and tore a ligament in my knee! after 2 months in a brace and as soon as the swelling would allow me to put my leathers back on, i got a very good deal on the VFR, which back in August ended up sliding down a dual carridgeway after a van driver changed lanes without looking in his mirrors, No pics of that one but it broke both my thumbs, my Right pinky, put a hole in my knee, my **** cheek and a load of gravel rash on my belly from jacket riding up! Needless to say ive learnt my lesson and will no longer wear jeans on the bike and will only wear 2 peice that zip together, even just riding the 2 miles to work (i was riding 2miles home at the time!)

so i had 6 weeks of both hands in cast, and another leg brace to make sure i didnt rip out the stitches in my knee!

So my new purchase is my Bright yellow Pointy with a stubby Carbon Scorpion exhaust, so nobody can argue that if they didnt see me, they didnt hear me either as it is a little deafening!

Previous owner was a major bodge, he had used the wrong bolts to hold the rear light in place so it moved all over the place... His solution was to stuff a whole tube of silicon in there to hold it in place!!
Its a fully faired version but was very tatty so the fairing lowers have been sent of to be re-sprayed, Looks like someone has tried to re-spray the rear panel too but gave up before finishing so its an odd colour, that will need re-spraying some time soon too! had Pazzo levers and Yellow HEL lines already fitted on fronts and i have the rear to fit when i can be bothered!

Next job is to check out the speedo sensor as it doesnt read anything on the dash! ive heard they are often made of soft cheese so i assume thats going to be my problem!

Ill post some pics of her later for you all
DanSp is offline   Reply With Quote