View Single Post
Old 19-03-24, 09:57 AM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Replacement car tyres and tyres labels

I had Bridgestone All-Weather on my previous car (Skoda Karoq 2.0TDi 4x4) which I chose due to coming close to the top in wet weather performance in tests and that was my requirement living in Wales. They also performed very well in snow when needed which was my secondary consideration. I'd have preferred Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons based on test results but could not get them in the size needed. I'd be happy with the Bridgestones again after using them. I saw about 1mpg drop from summer tyres, so 45.5 mpg down to about 44.5 mpg average. Our current big car is still on the Hankook summer tyres OE fitment.

Our Skoda Citigo is currently wearing Hankook 4S2 All-seasons which I like very much in the 4000 miles they've done. Great in the wet, but no snow this year to try them out. Very much an arrow-head design, so good on very wet roads and has an un-expected bonus of not making the rear window so dirty by throwing most water / dirt out the sides.

I've been very impressed with Hankook tyres having had them as OE fitment on two cars now as well as the Citigo. I happily consider them alongside other premium brands in terms of quality. When I need tyres for the EV (the big car) I'll likely replace with the new Hankook iON Flex-Climate, provided they do well in tests. Due to having to make puncture replacements to match the current tyres, thats unlikely for a couple of years, so we'll see!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote