View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 01:14 PM   #15
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: how loud is 105db?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Personally I would never be able to say that something is "twice" as loud as something else, as its so subjective. Even the same sound at different volume levels - if someone said "turn it up so its twice as loud" i'd have only a very vague idea. Its just not quantifiable to me. And I'm a trained sound engineer
I understand what you are saying I couldn't tell you when something was twice as loud as something. However the comparison is more to illistrate that a doubling of actual power would read on an unweighted meter as a 3db increase. However if the Meter was A-weighted like most decibel meters must be, as this is the way human actually hear things, it wouldn't register as much of an increase and in effect the power would have to double again to reach the same reading as the unweighted meter which was reading half the power.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote