Old 16-10-17, 03:51 PM   #5
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: road side Puncture repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
This is the one recommended to me..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle...53.m1438.l2649

I've not used it though so can't comment yet. The CO2 cannisters are the same threaded ones used for bicycle trye CO2 inflaters too though, for anyone who cycles, they can double up and be useful in a saddle bag too if you buy a box.
That is the one I got, I did a practice run on a worn out tyre just to get the hang of it (I did not believe that the mushroom would squeeze down the tube from the applicator you screw down with the allen key).
One thing I did was put a bit more silicone grease in the plastic zip-top bag with the 'mushrooms' as there did not seem a lot in there and I was concerned about it drying out a bit, also made sure I had a small pair of pliers in the toolkit to pull any offending nail / screw etc out of tyre.

I have not used it in anger yet, but am happy just knowing it is under the seat and I would not be completely un-prepared for a puncture.

I once worked with a bloke who covered a few miles and he swore by the 'slime' - used to put it in as soon as he had new bike / new tyres.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 16-10-17 at 03:53 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote