View Single Post
Old 13-02-08, 05:20 PM   #47
StreetHawk

Default Re: New riders out there in/near Thames valley area

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
Well, here is my history and a brief reason why I sold or bought another, this could be a looong read:

Suzuki GS125 - my first bike. Got nicked and found it burnt out. I cried.
Suzuki GN125 - Replacement for the GS. Had it 3 weeks then passed full test and bought a....
Kawasaki Zephyr 550 - My 1st big bike. Was convinced it was the quickest bike in the world. Got scared after some dodgy electrics and an incident with a pidgeon at 90mph. Needed a full fairing.
Honda VFR800 - Loved the roaring V4. Stopped a car with my face at 50mph, should have been killed looking back. Bike was a total mess (as was my face). Bike never recovered, face did (sort of).
Honda VFR 800 VTec - Too expensive to run and service.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R P3 - Bought with the insurnace money from my 1st big crash. Scared the beejerbers out of me. Traded in for my next bike.
Suzuki Bandit 600 - Had this bike until I wanted another Ninja. Lasted 9 months though!
Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R P1. Plagued by electrical problems, sold to born again rider (how cruel). Did my first kneedown on it.
Suzuki GN250 - My attempt at a sensible bike. Had a blue top box and I could get my kneedown on it. It died after I took a hammer to it in a murderous rage after trying to fit chain and sprockets.
Kawasaki Zephyr 750 - A cheap Ebay bike. Lasted a long time and I sold to a mate for ?200. Still going as far as I know. Brakes never really worked.
Suzuki SV650S - My very first 'new' bike. After 6 months it was too uncomfy and suspension was naff. Sounded great though.
Honda Hornet 600 - Still got it! My true love. Great bike and quicker than a lot of power rangers around the Nurburgring on it's debut visit.
Kawasaki Z1000 - Bought off a mate dirt cheap. Sold on and made ?200. Woo!
Kawasaki ZX6R P7 - Impulse buy as it was shiny. Never really rode it all that much and sold due to questions over job and flat purchase.
Triumph Street Triple - Deposit Paid. Who knows how long it will last!
You got a lot of time on your hands at work Dan?