View Single Post
Old 13-01-17, 02:06 PM   #48
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gm10

I've said every year that I must get to Scotland. Last summer I got as far as the Lake District so from Essex that's progress. Your GM is like the Southern softy equivalent of TOGMIE. If someone is happy to go to the trouble of organising it and welcomes people along from near and far then orgers should just be grateful for the effort, turn up if they wish, be that from 30 or 300 miles away, and be glad they didn't have to do all the sorting out themselves.

At TOGMIE I take cake if I have time to bake, I do a fish and chip shop run each night if I have the energy, I even ride my motorcycle if I haven't suffered a bizarre cricket photography injury that week. If I were to come to someone else's ride I'd expect no more than someone telling me and when. I have often found those least willing to organise anything themselves are the ones most likely to moan about what's been arranged for them. Anyway, I must get to Scotland at some point!