Thread: First euro trip
View Single Post
Old 03-05-09, 07:22 PM   #6
Mike2165

Default Re: First euro trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam9188 View Post
Hi, me and some friends are planning a trip round europe before we all go our seperate ways in september. We are planning on taking the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander then riding to Barcelona and following the coast all the way round into Italy before crossing the Alps into switzerland and back through France to Calais and a ferry home.

Does anyone have any advice on where is worth a visit, what to expect and how long it will take?

We estimated 2 weeks, going at a leisurely pace so we can stop and see all the sights. We plan on camping pretty much every night
Book your sites in Spain, I found them difficult to find. Watch out for really bad Spanish drivers. You really have to go over the Millau Bridge. I found France much more friendly a place, with services every 40km. Much easier to find camping sites, they're better signposted in France. Didn't do Italy. If you get a chance, Monaco is stunning.

Go here http://www.afil.co.uk/BBF/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl they are British Bikers based in France and are very helpful...unfortunately I didn't find this site until I came back!
And have a look at the blog, the link is in my signature, it's my trip through France and Spain, might help