View Single Post
Old 01-06-10, 10:55 PM   #5
Noble Ox

Default Re: Gym/running advice thread

Eat lots of veg. Carbs in the morning. Don't go 4 times a week, I'd say 3 times a week, and vary your muscle work. I.e Chest and biceps one day. Back shoulders another. Abs and Triceps on third day. Go every other day. Do cardio on the day you dont go gym. If you do both cardio and weights on same day, do cardio first. If your doing cardio, you wont need to work your legs in the gym. Swimming is great for cutting down. But I reckon your best bet would be to turn it all to muscle.

If you do this you wont have to cut back on your food. Maybe even eat more. Fish and chicken are especially good. By the sounds of things you'd build muscle quite easy, as the mass is there already. I.e its way hard for a really naturally skinny guy (me) to get hench.

If you want to build muscle though, working your legs (biggest muscles in your bodies) releases lots of hormones for muscle growth. Cycling is good for this. Join the gym and do a spin class - God it's tough!

If your serious there's loads of supplements to take. Amino acids, protien shakes etc. but I'm not that clue'd up on it all.

Aran