Thread: Part ex prices
View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 06:42 PM   #13
Flybuster

Default Re: Part ex prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorBiker View Post
I nearly let my heart rule and seriously wanted a Royal Enfield Interceptor after watching all the hype on YouTube and I like the Triumph look and convinced myself I would break my own golden rule of never buying the first of a new model of a bike because you are the guinea pig for any reliability problems regardless of the length of warranty and breakdown cover. I was going to part-ex my white/blue 2016 SV650 with only 1300 dry miles and in showroom condition, but was only offered £3000 which made me think with my wallet instead of my heart!!! I have always looked at the price a new bike was going to cost the new bike minus part-ex value, but this was too much of an insult and made be take a second look at how VERY good the SV is and when the Interceptor arrived in the dealers how it looks close-up and the finish is good, that's GOOD but not very good!! some of the finish on the fittings is not finished to the same standard as the Japanese bikes but the paint finish is good and is what you see in the video reviews. When I queried the part-ex price the answer I got was dealers now use the internet to find a similar bike, mileage and year with the lowest price for sell and then start reducing the price to include road tax a service and of course a profit for the dealer and then tell you what they will give you for yours!!! I also found out that the first service on the new Royal Enfield's is at 300mls and will cost about £250 because they have too reset the valve clearances after the 300mls and being old fashion manual adjusters there is a time and labour cost. I still think they look good but is the build quality from Royal Enfield India as good as another manufactures bike built from this country the BMW G310R?
Talking Heads mentioned the short service interval but I didn't know about the first service. That's like BMW service prices. I'm hearing what I already knew really and think I maybe got a bit excited. I always told myself I would never buy a brand new bike but the interceptor is exactly the look I want and seems like a bargain but it is unproven and and the build quality hasn't been tested in Europe. Most of the reviews I've seen rave about the interceptor but I think a lot of them are maybe just comparing it to the older Royal Enfields. I Just find my bike too painful to ride after about an hour. I then struggle after 20 -30 minutes so it's time to change. This next bike will be the last bike I buy but I think I'll hold off on the interceptor for now.
Flybuster is offline   Reply With Quote