View Single Post
Old 21-03-05, 06:58 PM   #2
Warren

Default Re: Rev it! Riding style questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Bud_One
Assuming fair conditions..

1. What's the max revs your comfortable to cruise at before changing up a gear?
5k, i shouldnt til 8 - but sounds like im revving the nuts off it. also my CCT is knackered, and it rattles about 6k and annoys the hell out of me

2. Does it vary, dependant on gear?

i try to get out of first asap - as it is very very responsive

3. (If applicable) When "giving it some", how close/past the red rev lines do you go?

about 4k before it hits. in 2nd and 3rd, thats when the front wheel comes up and id rather it down under heavy acceleration

4. Based on a combination of riding ability and national speed limits; Do you drive well within your limits, push it sometimes or always on the edge?

i usually drive well within, unless im giving it some- then i ride close to my limits (always saving some tho for unexpected hazards) but then again, my limits are exceeding legal limits

5. Do you never, rarely, sometimes or often have a red mist experience due to other road users? If so, how does it affect your riding style?

sometimes, makes me pretty aggresive, gives me the urge to chase them and kick the wing mirrors of the car

6. Has there been a key lesson or experience that's improved your riding? If so, what?

dont risk jumping the amber, almost went under a lorry this way.
always wait for your tyres to warm up before giving it some, almost got hit by a merc when having a moment on a cold round about last winter
take your time overtaking - if in doubt, dont. (the max, it will delay your journey time by about 2 mins.)

This isn't for a study or survey. Just intrigued to know how other SVer's riding styles compare with mine.

well i ride a CBR6, so there :P

Ta
job done.